|I went for pastel colours|
For the Biscuits:
>125g Butter softened
>3/4 cup sugar
>1tsp vanilla essence
>2 cups plain flour
>1tsp baking powder
For the icing
>250g icing sugar
>The white of 1 large egg
>Drops of lemon juice
>Food colouring (optional)
1. Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet.
2. Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla essence together until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and beat well.
4. Sift the flour and baking powder together and mix into the creamy mixture.
5. Roll out the biscuit dough to about 1/2cm thick and cut out biscuits using cookie cutters. Transfer the biscuits to the baking sheet.
6. Bake for about 9 minutes, slightly longer if your biscuits are bigger or thicker. Bake until the biscuits are golden brown.
7. Take the tray out and leave the biscuits to cool on the tray for a couple of minutes and then transfer the biscuits to a cooling rack.
8. In a bowl add the icing sugar, egg white and lemon juice together. If your egg white is not enough then you may have to crack open another egg and use part of that egg white. Beat the egg white and sugar together for about 5 minutes until you have stiff peaks.
9. Add a couple of drops of water to the icing so that it is easier to pipe. Split the icing into as many colours as you would like and stir in the food colouring.
10. Transfer the icing into piping bags and pipe decorations onto the cookies. Leave the cookies on a cooling rack so that the icing hardens.
11. Serve and enjoy!